Re: [O] [bug] new exporter fails on read only files

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] new exporter fails on read only files
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 22:39:26 +0200

Hello,

Eric Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> Actually, I have updated (one minute ago) and the problem has now
> changed!  I now get this error:
>
> ,----
> | and: Wrong type argument: stringp, (latex-fragment (:value
> "\\ref{sec:evaporative}" :begin 11957 :end 11978 :post-blank 0))
> `----

This is a bit short to start investigations. Something is happening at
position 11957 in your buffer. You may want to narrow it to the
paragraph/table/construct around and try to export it again. It could
make a minimal example.

You may also try (org-element-parse-buffer) to see if the error comes
from the parser or the export engine. You could even try to export to
something else, like ASCII, to check if the error comes from the engine
itself or from the latex back-end.

> and I have no idea what is happening here.  For this error, I do get a
> debug trace but it is rather long and my org file has material I cannot
> post.

The last ten lines are usually good enough.

> I will try emacs -Q later and will also see if I can come up with a
> minimal example that fails in the same way as my longer confidential
> document.

Since I have no clue for now, I cannot help much. I will look at any
data you can provide, though.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou