Re: [O] var `date' lacks a prefix warnings

From: Martyn Jago
Subject: Re: [O] var `date' lacks a prefix warnings
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 21:35:00 +0100

Hi Bastien

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Martyn,
>
> Martyn Jago <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> We first need to fix Calendar so that it doesn't use ̀€date' and `entry'
> as the name for dynamically variables that are passed around.
>
> Then preparing a patch for Org would be great.
>
> I'll ping Glenn on the emacs-devel mailing list about this.

I took in Glen's and Edward's replies - wow what a history lesson!

 - quote Edward Reingold: "who'd have guessed how much it would grow
over almost 30 years, or that my code would still be around" [1]

So it doesn't look like the problem will be fixed at source any time
quickly.

I'm going to persevere until I've talked myself out of it since I'm
learning a lot!

Best, Martyn

bookmark:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/150087