Re: [O] [bug] new exporter fails on read only files

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] new exporter fails on read only files
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 14:59:55 +0200

Hi Eric,

Eric Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> Specifically, I have added
>
>    (require 'org-export)
>    (require 'org-e-latex)
>
> to my org customisation.  Then, while visiting a read only file, I try
>
>    M-x org-export-dispatch RET p

Mhh.. I can't reproduce this error with latest Org.

> and I get the error:
>
> ,----
> | org-refresh-category-properties: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer proposal.org>
> `----

Maybe you have a hook which call this function?

In any case, as the other place where `org-refresh-category-properties'
is called is `org-prepare-agenda-buffers' and those buffers might be
read-only (for some obscure reason), I pushed a fix that make sure
`org-refresh-category-properties' can modify the buffer correctly.

Please let me know if this fixes your problem.

--
 Bastien