Re: [O] Exporting to ACM format using new LaTeX exporter

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting to ACM format using new LaTeX exporter
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 23:16:00 +0200

* Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:

> AFAICT, the new exporter preserves most of the interface of the old
> exporter, but smooths over some of the rough edges.  It shouldn't
> represent a barrier to your contribution.  In fact, it might be useful
> to write a template for both exporters, then document how they differ as
> a guide to using the new exporter.

Good idea!

> I took a brief look at the ACM web site and saw that there is more than
> one LaTeX template.  Which one are you interested in for Org-mode?

I took the "Option 1: LaTeX2e - Strict Adherence to SIGS style"

> Do you have a repository for the project?

Yea, that might be appropriate. So I set up a github repos:

        https://github.com/novoid/orgmode-ACM-template

With the new exporter, I was not able to compile the Org-mode file
at all. Since the old exporter had troubles using this
"per-file-class" I do have a feeling that this might be the cause
for the error message with the new exporter too.

Maybe someone more familiar with the (new) LaTeX exporter can send
me some patches ...

--
Karl Voit