Re: [O] Exporting to ACM format using new LaTeX exporter

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting to ACM format using new LaTeX exporter
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:26:10 +0200

* Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Nicolas!

> Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> * Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>> Yea, that might be appropriate. So I set up a github repos:
>>
>>         https://github.com/novoid/orgmode-ACM-template
>>
>> With the new exporter, I was not able to compile the Org-mode file
>> at all. Since the old exporter had troubles using this
>> "per-file-class" I do have a feeling that this might be the cause
>> for the error message with the new exporter too.
>>
>> Maybe someone more familiar with the (new) LaTeX exporter can send
>> me some patches ...
>
> I don't understand what you are trying to achieve. Would you mind
> summarizing it for someone too lazy to browse docs?

Sure: when I want to hand in a paper for a conference which demands
LaTeX documents that fulfill the requirements of the ACM template, I
want to have to possibility to use Org-mode with its LaTeX export
method in order to get PDF output which will be accepted by the
conference.

Most of the time, only the PDF have to look like the template
result, some times it is required to hand in also the TeX sources of
the paper.

> Note that `org-splice-latex-header' belongs to neither the legacy
> exporter nor the new one: it's an org.el function. Thus your problem may
> lie elsewhere.

Oh gosh.

I guess I have to strip down my Org-mode file and start all over
with a minimal version trying to expand until the error occures.

--
Karl Voit