Re: [O] Exporting to ACM format using new LaTeX exporter

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting to ACM format using new LaTeX exporter
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 14:33:33 -1000

Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:

> * Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> AFAICT, the new exporter preserves most of the interface of the old
>> exporter, but smooths over some of the rough edges.  It shouldn't
>> represent a barrier to your contribution.  In fact, it might be useful
>> to write a template for both exporters, then document how they differ as
>> a guide to using the new exporter.
>
> Good idea!
>
>> I took a brief look at the ACM web site and saw that there is more than
>> one LaTeX template.  Which one are you interested in for Org-mode?
>
> I took the "Option 1: LaTeX2e - Strict Adherence to SIGS style"
>
>> Do you have a repository for the project?
>
> Yea, that might be appropriate. So I set up a github repos:
>
>         https://github.com/novoid/orgmode-ACM-template

Hi Karl,

Got it, thanks.

IIUC, you'd like to configure Org-mode to export a LaTeX file that is
functionally equivalent to sigproc-sp.tex.  If this is the case, it
might be best to change the name of orgmode.org to sigproc-sp.org or
something similar.  If the goal is to support both exporters, perhaps
sigproc-sp-old.org and sigproc-sp-new.org?

In my view, it is best to encapsulate as much of the Org-mode
configuration as possible in an init.el file.  That way, users of the
Org-mode template can launch with emacs -Q etc. and not have to worry
about their own customizations that might conflict with the
configuration.  An example is here:  https://github.com/tsdye/LKFS.git.
Perhaps two initialization files would be needed: init-new.el and
init-old.el?

> With the new exporter, I was not able to compile the Org-mode file
> at all. Since the old exporter had troubles using this
> "per-file-class" I do have a feeling that this might be the cause
> for the error message with the new exporter too.

I'll have a look at this and send you patches off list.

> Maybe someone more familiar with the (new) LaTeX exporter can send
> me some patches ...

All the best,
Tom

--