Re: [O] [bug] Tables in lists not exported to ODT

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] Tables in lists not exported to ODT
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:05:46 +0000

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Eric
>
> I have pushed a fix for this. The fix is a bit tricky. So please
> exercise extra care while verifying the output.
>
> Hope I haven't overlooked any corner cases.

Jambunathan,

my simple examples all work perfectly.  Many thanks!

One comment: for tables that are indented, it probably makes sense to
have the table take up 100% of the width available to it?  In any case,
is there an easy way to customise this from within LibreOffice?  I note
that, in etc/styles/OrgOdtContentTemplate.xml, you have defined OrgTable
with 96% for the width but I have no idea how to change that value from
within LibreOffice.  This OrgTable "style" does not appear anywhere in
the style chooser (F11).

By the way, I was surprised, upon reading your comments in the git log,
that OpenDocument doesn't support tables within lists.  This seems like
a silly restriction?  Given that OpenDocument uses XML for its encoding,
I would have thought that a hierarchical structure in a document would
be trivial to represent.  Do you know what the reasoning was?  Just
curious!

Thanks again,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.90.1
: using Org-mode version 7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.138.gbf1d5)