Re: [O] org-jira.el

From: Jonathan Arkell
Subject: Re: [O] org-jira.el
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 10:08:37 -0700

Wow Bao!  I am just checking out your org-jira2 project right now...

Your thing was what my thing (contrib/lisp/org-jira.el) was going to
become when I got the time... Then I got put on a project that didn't use
Jira, and abandoned it (as mentioned earlier).

So yea, Bastien, Bao, and anyone else for that matter, go ahead and do
what you like with that trivial piece of code. Rename it, delete it, fold
it into the new library.

Ironically enough, years later, I am back on a project that does use
Jira.. :)
__________________________________

Jonathan Arkell
Tech Lead
Inspired By Drum & Bass, Scheme, Kawaii

p. 403.206.4377
402 -- 11th Ave SE
Calgary, AB, Canada T2G 0Y4

address@hidden
criticalmass.com

On 5/01/12 7:42 AM, "Bao Haojun" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> The current contrib/lisp/org-jira.el is pretty trivial: it just defines
>>> a jira link type, so maybe it can be integrated into the new
>>>org-jira.el,
>>> instead of having two of them lying around.
>>
>> Agreed.  In the same vein, perhaps jira2.el and jira.el could be merged
>> into one single library.
>
>Agreed. I have not looked into org-mode source code yet, so do not know
>about contrib/lisp/org-jira.el, but I think it is the same one on
>emacswiki, which has been abandoned by its author. So, it will be
>trivial to merge its functionality.
>
>You are also right that jira2.el and jira.el can be merged,
>theoretically. The jira2.el, as a library, is a superset of jira.el in
>terms of functionality, since jira2.el uses soap, while jira.el uses
>xml-rpc; and soap is better supported by jira than xml-rpc.
>
>The difficulty lies in that jira.el is also a major mode (in addition to
>providing the library for the major mode). To make sure backward
>compatible will require some effort. Jira2.el, OTOH, has stopped to be a
>major mode, and only provided library for (the new) org-jira.el.
>
>Anyway, I will try to update jira.el and contact the original author to
>see if he agrees.

The information contained in this message is confidential. It is intended to be
read only by the individual or entity named above or their designee. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender
and delete or destroy any copy of this message.