Re: [O] org-jira.el... and Org conventions (Bastien, Carsten and all)

From: Allen S. Rout
Subject: Re: [O] org-jira.el... and Org conventions (Bastien, Carsten and all)
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 11:28:03 -0500

On 01/03/2012 10:53 AM, Bao Haojun wrote:

So my point is, if someone try to make transition easy, they should do
it on the company level, such as from Jira to Redmine. Org mode feels
kind of personal to me, and I feel good enough to be able to sync
between company issue tracking system and my org-mode, no need for it to
be able to transit to another issue tracking system's org-mode.

It shouldn't be necessary for the org-mode user to learn 'How Haojun thinks about ticket systems' to use jira, and then also learn 'how [someone] thinks about ticket systems' to then use the (imagined?) TRAC integration.

It should be enough to understand 'How org-mode thinks about ticket systems'. Unfortunately, in order to do this, it is necessary for org-mode to have an opinon. :) Which it doesn't, yet.

- Allen S. Rout