Re: [O] Converting from OmniFocus to org-mode

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Converting from OmniFocus to org-mode
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 10:41:11 +0200

Hi Jay,

Jay McCarthy <address@hidden> writes:

>> It is worth disabling font-lock in Org buffers. I am not sure whether
>> that would prevent you from making use of any of the Org features.
>
> I don't want to use it that way, but I can check if it speeds it
> up.... and it doesn't make any appreciable difference on the speed and
> the crash still happens.

Slowliness often comes from using many text overlays, which are used
fondamentally by outline-mode, the mode org-mode is derived from.

Turning off font-lock will not do anything about the problem you're
reporting.

Please bear with us and Emacs developers while we are improving things
is this area, this is quite a common request and should be a priority.

Best,

--
 Bastien