Re: [O] Converting from OmniFocus to org-mode

From: Jay McCarthy
Subject: Re: [O] Converting from OmniFocus to org-mode
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 05:32:20 -0600

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 2:37 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Jay,
>
> Jay McCarthy <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm an avid OmniFocus user and I've been thinking about trying
>> org-mode.
>
> Unless I misread this thread, we don't know what version of Emacs you
> are using -- this is crucial information for usability problems such as
> the one you are reporting.

I thought that this information in the stack report would be enough:

Identifier:      org.gnu.Emacs
Version:         Version 23.3 (9.0)
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.7 (11A511)

It's the version from http://emacsformacosx.com/

What else should I send?

>> https://github.com/jeapostrophe/exp/blob/master/of2org.rkt
>
> Thanks for this!  Can you write a small paragraph presenting the tool
> so that I add it to http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tools/index.html?

A script to convert the internal database of OmniFocus to org-mode
with minimal metadata loss. In particular, it maintains repeating
events and multi-line notes fields.

>> However, once I converted my 1.6M OmniFocus database, I got a 252K
>> org-mode file.
>
> There should be no problem with such file -- my main org file is
> currently 900k and I'm not experiencing major slowliness.  I am using
> Emacs from bzr, compiled a few days ago 2011-08-13.

Any idea what's likely to be my problem?

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <address@hidden>
http://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay