Re: [O] ebib configuration for org-bibtex

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] ebib configuration for org-bibtex
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 11:27:35 -0600

address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> Aloha all,
>
> I'm trying, partially successfully, to configure org-bibtex so it mimics
> some useful features of ebib.  In particular, I'm wanting to add several
> optional fields that ebib uses.
>

> I have this in .emacs:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :tangle yes
>   (dolist (type org-bibtex-types)
>     (push :url (cdr (assoc :optional (cdr type))))
>     (push :annote (cdr (assoc :optional (cdr type))))
>     (push :abstract (cdr (assoc :optional (cdr type))))
>     (push :keywords (cdr (assoc :optional (cdr type))))
>     (push :file (cdr (assoc :optional (cdr type))))
> )
>
>   (push (cons :url "A URL for the reference") org-bibtex-fields)
>   (push (cons :annote "Annotation is typically not exported")
> org-bibtex-fields)
>   (push (cons :abstract "Abstract for annotated bibliography")
> org-bibtex-fields)
>   (push (cons :keywords "Keywords for sorting with ebib") org-bibtex-fields)
>   (push (cons :file "A local file path used by ebib to open the
>   reference in an appropriate application") org-bibtex-fields)
> #+end_src
>
> Most of it works fine, but the optional :file field doesn't respect its
> argument.  So, the following entry in the Org-mode file:

Hi Tom,

The :file property is treated in a special manner when Org-mode resolves
properties (notice it is an element of the `org-special-properties'
variable).  I've just pushed up a change which temporarily removes :file
from this list while resolving bibtex entries.  This change should fix
your reported problem -- please let me know if it doesn't.  If any other
elements of `org-special-properties' seem likely to cause problems we
can temporarily remove them as well.

Best -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte