Re: [O] Suggestion: Stackoverflow for Orgmode

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Suggestion: Stackoverflow for Orgmode
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 11:51:08 +0200

Hi Thomas,

thanks for sharing this idea.

Something like ask.orgmode.org with a StackOverflow interface would be
very nice.  I am copying Jason, http://orgmode.org webmaster, to make
sure this would not add too much work for him.

I am not afraid of fragmentation of information: as long as this new
interface links to relevant primary sources of information (the manual,
Worg, the mailing list), these source will be used.

I'm more afraid of fragmentation of the _energy_ that people put in
maintaining those primary sources.  But at the end, I guess things will
auto-regulate and the overall UI for finding information will improve.

At least there is nothing wrong in trying.

What is the next step?

--
 Bastien