Re: [O] Suggestion: Stackoverflow for Orgmode

From: Jason Dunsmore
Subject: Re: [O] Suggestion: Stackoverflow for Orgmode
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 08:58:14 -0500

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Something like ask.orgmode.org with a StackOverflow interface would be
> very nice.

I think this would be a great way to start a community-driven FAQ.

Why don't we use the "org-mode" tag on stackoverflow.com:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/org-mode

It's a fully-featured site with an already-established Org community
(http://stackoverflow.com/tags/org-mode/topusers).  We wouldn't have to
upgrade the server's memory to support a new site, nor would we have to
constantly update a web app due to security issues.

Here's an Atom feed for new org-mode questions:
http://stackoverflow.com/feeds/tag?tagnames=org-mode&sort=newest

I created a redirect for ask.orgmode.org: http://ask.orgmode.org

What do you think?  Should we link to ask.orgmode.org from orgmode.org?