Re: [O] org-odt and bibliography

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] org-odt and bibliography
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 06:56:35 +0200

Hi,

I regret to agree about the OOo bibliographic features.

Zotero is very nice, but getting Zotero IDs into an Org-mode document (see Eric Hetzner's zotero-plain, https://bitbucket.org/egh/zotero-plain) and then into OOo in a form where they'll be useful (no ready solution I know of) is a somewhat complex task. If Bibtex is your starting point and you want to maintain your bibliography in Bibtex (and why wouldn't you, if you can /deliver/ your work as LaTeX/PDF), the round trip will be more complex and fragile yet.

What are your minimal bibliographic requirements for documents to send your supervisor? If you're using author-date citations and a reference list, I might have a crude stopgap.

Yours,
Christian