Re: [O] Links in tables and LaTeX export

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] Links in tables and LaTeX export
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 18:58:39 -0400

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I can confirm that the formerly broken links in my tables work with
>> Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.596.gea215).
>>

> I'm puzzled (and a bit worried about the integrity of my tree): I pulled
> a short while ago and ''git describe HEAD'' says:
>
>       baseline-490-gde0fcdf
>
> so it seems I have an extra tag between release_7.5 and HEAD and
> although I have no idea where it came from, it does not seem to be much
> of a problem[fn:1], since I can get things relative to release_7.5:
>
>       $ git describe --long  --match release_7.5 HEAD
>       release_7.5-579-gde0fcdf
>
> But why do I have 579 commits since then and you have 596 (and the HEADs
> have different SHA1s)? Are you applying local mods? That would explain
> the discrepancy in the commit count, as well as the discrepancy in the
> SHA1, but if so, why isn't your version marked ``dirty''?
>
> Just trying to understand,

Hi Nick,

The tree is only marked 'dirty' if you have uncommitted changes in your
working tree.  If other commits were merged in with master in their
repository (ie. they made local commits and then did git pull which is
fetch + merge on top of their local commits they'll have their commits
in the history and it will change all of the subsequent SHA1s)

I have the same tree as you - my current origin/master is

address@hidden:~/git/org-mode$ git describe origin/master
release_7.5-580-g301b345
address@hidden:~/git/org-mode$ git describe origin/master^
release_7.5-579-gde0fcdf

and one commit before my current head is the same SHA1 that you have.

So... your repository is good. :)

git describe will use the closest tag (in your case 'baseline'.  You
can just remove the baseline tag from your repository if you don't want
it.  If it's an exported tag in a repository you fetch from it will be
recreated on a future fetch.  Maybe it came from some repository other
than origin?

--
Bernt