Re: [O] Links in tables and LaTeX export

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Links in tables and LaTeX export
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 14:26:30 -1000

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Assuming his has local commits buried in his history somewhere Tom can
>> 'fix' it by doing
>>
>>   $ git checkout master
>>   $ git reset --hard origin/master
>>   $ git cherry-pick <whatever local commits he wants to keep>
>>
>> so the new commits are on top of origin/master, and set his master
>> branch to automatically rebase on pulls as described in the link above.
>>

> Yup, now that you mention it, I think the first two steps is how I recovered
> (I try to keep a pristine master and do local work in branches, but I
> must have goofed up my master branch in that instance).
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

Aloha Nick and Bernt,

Thanks much for the explanation.  git reset --hard origin/master appears
to have restored a pristine tree.  I pulled just now and didn't generate
my own commit in the process, so with a little discretion I can keep it
that way.

All the best,
Tom

--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813