Re: [O] LaTex export: How to use `csquotes' and `\enquote{}'

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] LaTex export: How to use `csquotes' and `\enquote{}'
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 12:56:13 -1000

Frederik <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey Tom!
>
>> One way to use \enquote in your LaTeX export is described here:
>>
>> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html#sec-10-3
>>
>> [[latex:enquote][Das ist ein Test]] will export as \enquote{Das ist ein
>> Test}.
>
> Thanks for your hint. But this is a rather cumbersome way to quote
> text... It would be handy to have " directly converted to enquote -
> this should be possible, because org-mode is obviously able to
> distinguish whether to use `` or '' at the beginning and at end of a
> word, respectively.
>
> Regards.

Aloha Frederik,

It looks more cumbersome than it is in practice.  You can use C-c C-l to
add the link and depending on the length of the link type name, it can
be very close to the same number of keystrokes you'd need for
\enquote{}.

Please let me know if you're able to configure Org-mode to translate "
to \enquote{}.  That would be a worthwhile addition to either the LaTeX
export tutorial or Org Hacks on Worg.

All the best,
Tom

--