Re: [O] Begginer using orgmode

From: Arnold, Travis
Subject: Re: [O] Begginer using orgmode
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 09:55:37 -0400

On 25 Apr, 2011, at 11:34 PM, John Hendy wrote:

> In the meantime:
> - install [aqua/Carbon] emacs
> - install git for os x (I used this:
> http://code.google.com/p/git-osx-installer/)
> - make a .elisp folder for elisp files
> --- open a terminal and type: cd /Users/username
> --- mkdir .elisp
> --- cd .elisp
> --- git clone git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git org.git
> --- cd org.git
> --- make [1]
>
> - I created a default .emacs file
> --- download it:
> https://sites.google.com/site/jwhendytank/home/osx-emacs-config
> --- save it as: /Users/username/.emacs
> --- note that the config relies on the org stuff being in
> /Users/username/.elisp/org.git
>
> - start emacs and cross your fingers

 I will try out the steps you listed, the rest of the message however- about
compiling and all, would that in any subsequent walkthroughs?
Your steps seem simple enough, at least for me: I was attracted to Org-mode
because in class I get distracted with the webbrowser and all, the simple text
helps keep me focused. So anything that can improve the functionality, make it
better is welcome. Thank you for your help so far, I will respond with how this
next task goes.
-Travis