Re: [O] Begginer using orgmode

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Begginer using orgmode
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 10:49:09 -0500

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Arnold, Travis <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ok I did the earlier steps, making the directory .elisp, cd .elisp and then
> typed out the command starting with git and it said command not found after;
> this after finding that git osx.dmg from your earlier message. Have I missed
> a step or need to further change anything before I make the directory?
> -Travis

You need to install git via this:
http://code.google.com/p/git-osx-installer/. Look on the left and
download the one for your OS X variant (one of the two at the bottom
of the list: either git-1.7.4.4-i386 or 1.7.4.4-x86_64 if you're
running 64bit Snow Leopard). After you download it and run it, install
it. Since the installer puts everything in /usr/local/git, run this
command:

.---
| /usr/local/git/bin/git clone git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git org.git
`---

instead of what I put above. It will run for a fairly long time and
might not give you feedback, so just leave it be until it gives you a
fresh command prompt and stops sitting at "cloning into..." or
whatever the message is.

After that you can should be ready to set up the .emacs file and give
it a whirl.

Best regards,
John