[O] Re: unnumbered subsections in latex export

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [O] Re: unnumbered subsections in latex export
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 16:39:40 +0200

Hi Nick and al.,

Nick Dokos wrote:
>> This will at least help with the first difficulty -- and motivate all
>> people working on the exporters to address the second one. The third one
>> can be turned into a *chance*: that of having several people working in the
>> same direction.
>
> Excellent plan!
>
> If nobody beats me to it, I'll send out an initial draft of such a table to
> the list for comment over the weekend: not a complete thing, mind you - just
> something partially covering one or two exporters. We can modify it as
> necessary and then proceed to populate it over the next few weeks.

When discussing exporters and features, two things that come up to my mind as
missing as a "general Org feature":

- bibliography :: works for LaTeX[1], not for HTML export.
- acronyms :: idem.

Maybe those should be made available for general Org usage by making them
somehow part of the preprocessing?

Best regards,
  Seb

Footnotes:

[1] ... but "uglyfies" a bit (too much) the *visible* text. Ideally, such
features should be hidden behind things like links or so.
--
Sébastien Vauban