[O] Re: unnumbered subsections in latex export

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [O] Re: unnumbered subsections in latex export
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 12:36:33 -0400

Hi Jambunathan,

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I agree that the org-exporter currently does its job very well. The
>> astounding utility of org-mode is ample proof of the value of releasing
>> early; even if the exporter is not as elegant as a modern compiler, it
>> works. :)
>>
>> That said, I very much support Nicolas' proposal.
>
> A quick (prototype) exporter demoing Nicolas's proposal could be
> developed by using my new org-html.el in under few hours.
>
> Think of it this way: If something could be XML-ified it could be
> lispified. My exporter already has a common core that emits html and odt
> and it is a matter of altering few callbacks so that it generates a
> lispy list instead of XML.

Thanks for all the hard work on your exporter and the rewrite! I look
forward to looking at it more closely very soon.

In the meantime, does anyone have advice on how to start creating a
formal syntax definition for org-mode? Any good links or resources we
might check out?

I'm guessing that writing a formal definition is more complex than
simply defining org-mode syntax in prose---that we are after something a
little more formal and symbolic than "a headline is demarcated by one or
more asterisks beginning at column 0 of a new line...." Is that correct?

Best,
Matt