Re: [Orgmode] Commas in org source blocks

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Commas in org source blocks
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 18:48:22 -0700

Jeff Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
>> yes, you will need to add org-mode to you list of supported languages
>> along the directions in http://orgmode.org/manual/Languages.html
>>
>> I'll update the manual to reflect org-mode as a valid language.
>
> Done, and thanks. One last follow up. I have the following in an org
> source block (it is a child of a list item, and I like the indirect
> buffer):
>
> #+begin_src org
>         ,|            |   | Column Player |     |
>         ,|------------+---+---------------+-----|
>         ,| /          | < |               | >   |
>         ,|            |   | A             | B   |
>         ,| Row Player | A | 1,2           | 3,4 |
>         ,|            | B | 5,6           | 7,8 |
> #+end_src
>
> When I export to HTML or ASCII, the table isn't produced. I was half
> expecting an org table (not an HTML table, of course) or at least a
> verbatim environment. Adding 'exports: code' didn't change anything.
> Any recommendations?

Yes, the org-mode language has some weird default header argument which
make its use different from other languages, specifically for every
language but org-mode by default :results has the value of "replace".
Try the following to export org-mode plain or as quoted code.

#+begin_src org :results replace :exports results
        ,|            |   | Column Player |     |
        ,|------------+---+---------------+-----|
        ,| /          | < |               | >   |
        ,|            |   | A             | B   |
        ,| Row Player | A | 1,2           | 3,4 |
        ,|            | B | 5,6           | 7,8 |
#+end_src

#+begin_src org :results replace :exports code
        ,|            |   | Column Player |     |
        ,| Row Player | A | 1,2           | 3,4 |
        ,|            | B | 5,6           | 7,8 |
#+end_src

Cheers -- Eric