Re: [Orgmode] Re: Including current time in agenda

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Including current time in agenda
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 09:30:05 +0100

On Dec 6, 2010, at 4:39 PM, Matt Lundin wrote:

Julien Danjou <address@hidden> writes:

On Mon, Dec 06 2010, suvayu ali wrote:
So far my attempts have been some variation of `<%%(format-time- string "%H%M")>' or `<%%(diary-entry-time ...)>'. Am I approaching this the
wrong way? Is this not supported by the diary library?

Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions.

(defun jd:org-current-time ()
 "Return current-time if date is today."
 (when (equal date (calendar-current-date))
   (format-time-string "%H:%M Current time" (current-time))))

And use %%(jd:org-current-time) in an entry.

This is great! I've been grateful for all the creative uses people have
found for diary expressions recently (weather, current time, etc.).

I agree that this is creative and great.

However having the current time in the time grid is so useful that
I have now made it the default, no diary sexp needed.

If you don't like the way it looks, change the variable
`org-agenda-current-time-string' and the face
`org-agenda-current-time'.

To get rid of the current time in the time grid alltogether,
use

(setq org-agenda-show-current-time-in-grid nil)

- Carsten