Re: [Orgmode] MobileOrg and Voice Capturing (Android)

From: Matthew Jones
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] MobileOrg and Voice Capturing (Android)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 11:34:21 -0500

Hi Sven... that's a nice one, you might could add that to the scripts section of the MobileOrg wiki.

Pretty soon the Capture interface will be extended to allow settings tags and other things on captured notes... once these are in place I will extend the CAPTURE action to also take these values as intent params.

http://matburt.net

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 5:05 AM, Sven Bretfeld <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Matthew

Matthew Jones <address@hidden> writes:

> Alright guys, I've gotten this to work.... I've posted an early build of
> MobileOrg that supports this here:
>
> http://matburt.net/files/mobileorg-debug.apk
>
> basically, you need to emit the action: com.matburt.mobileorg.CAPTURE
>
> it takes an "extra" intent value called "txtValue" which will pre-populate the
> text display.

I was using the script for some days now and did all my capturing this
way. It is completely stable and reliable on my HTC Magic with Android
1.6. I see no hindrance for a release.

> import android
> droid = android.Android()
> message = droid.recognizeSpeech("Capture New Note").result
> a = droid.startActivity("com.matburt.mobileorg.CAPTURE", None, None,
> {'txtValue':message}, False)

Is there a way to enlarge the 'extra' intent with some standard string?
It would be nice to have a TODO keyword and a TAG inserted
automatically. If you are like me, you tend to forget refiling the items
of from-mobile.org regularly. An automatic TAG insertion could help to
remind yourself that there is something new that needs to be cared
about. I use to give a TAG :MIT: (Most Important Things [of the day])
and have a respective Agenda View that I review several times a day. If
newly captured items could appear in this list, I would never forget
about the newly captured tasks. To my regret, I don't know anything
about Python and its syntax, but I'm sure that the 'message' variable
can be extended easily (what I have tried did never work).

As a workaround I have written a simple shellscript for a Cronjob that
starts Conky whenever there is something new in from-mobile.org. So my
desktop reminds me to refile the new items. Maybe it is of some interest
for anybody, so I give it below.

Thanks again for your nice work.

Greetings,

Sven

Here is the Script. Some values and paths have to be replaced to fit
your needs:

#!/bin/bash

KILLNR="$(ps ax | grep "conky -c .*conkyrc-mobile" | grep -v grep | sed 's/ pts.*//g')"
NEWTASK="$(cat /home/sven/Dropbox/myconf/from-mobile.org | grep -v auto-revert | grep -v ^$ | grep -v 20[0-9][0-9])"

if [ -n "$NEWTASK" ];
then
   if [ -n "$KILLNR" ];
   then
       exit
#       echo "file is full, conky is running"
   else
       conky -c ~/.conkyrc-mobile &
#       echo "file is full, conky is not running"
   fi
else
   if [ -n "$KILLNR" ];
   then
       kill $KILLNR
#       echo "file is empty, conky is running"
   else
       exit
#       echo "file is empty, conky is not running"
   fi
fi

This script needs a special configuration file .conkyrc-mobile to be
placed in the home folder:

own_window yes
own_window_type override
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

use_spacer right

use_xft yes
xftfont DejaVu Sans:size=18
xftalpha 0.8
text_buffer_size 2048

update_interval 3.0

draw_shades no

draw_outline no
draw_borders no
uppercase no

stippled_borders 3

border_margin 9

border_width 10

default_color grey

own_window_colour brown
own_window_transparent yes

alignment top_right

gap_x 10
gap_y 10

TEXT
$color

${Color green}NEW TASKS
${execi 10 cat /home/sven/Dropbox/myconf/from-mobile.org | grep -v auto-revert | grep -v ^$ | grep -v 20[0-9][0-9]}$color