Re: [Orgmode] Re: Enhancing the Org/Gnus experience

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Enhancing the Org/Gnus experience
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 13:53:44 +0000

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> if it is working, then the following code block should be fontified as
> if in an Org-mode buffer
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>   (message "is it working?")
> #+end_src

Definitely not working then!  This comes out as simple text in gnus and
doesn't look at all like it would in an org buffer for me.

[...]

> the above should do it.  My addition recovers from failures by inserting
> the unfontified text into the buffer, so it's possible that whatever
> issue I have that throws errors on non-src blocks is also an issue on
> your machine and is throwing errors on all blocks, which would explain
> why you aren't seeing any difference in your article buffers.

Looks like it.  Is there any way to debug this?  I don't get any
messages in Emacs (*Messages*).  I seem to have the same settings as
Sébastien has posted along with your augmented error handling.  I don't
really understand all the mm-uu code (although I'm learning...) so I am
not sure how gnus knows to invoke the specific org code you guys have
posted.

Maybe other gnus configurations, especially gnus-part-display-hook, may
be interfering?

thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.02trans (release_7.3.14.g106ad)