[Orgmode] Re: Enhancing the Org/Gnus experience

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Enhancing the Org/Gnus experience
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 16:06:38 +0100

Eric,

Eric S Fraga wrote:
> "Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> if it is working, then the following code block should be fontified as
>> if in an Org-mode buffer
>>
>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>>   (message "is it working?")
>> #+end_src
>
> Definitely not working then!  This comes out as simple text in gnus and
> doesn't look at all like it would in an org buffer for me.
>
> [...]
>
>> the above should do it.  My addition recovers from failures by inserting
>> the unfontified text into the buffer, so it's possible that whatever
>> issue I have that throws errors on non-src blocks is also an issue on
>> your machine and is throwing errors on all blocks, which would explain
>> why you aren't seeing any difference in your article buffers.
>
> Looks like it.  Is there any way to debug this?  I don't get any
> messages in Emacs (*Messages*).  I seem to have the same settings as
> Sébastien has posted along with your augmented error handling.  I don't
> really understand all the mm-uu code (although I'm learning...) so I am
> not sure how gnus knows to invoke the specific org code you guys have
> posted.
>
> Maybe other gnus configurations, especially gnus-part-display-hook, may
> be interfering?

The only thing that I have in that direction is:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
      ;; change a `\205' figure to "..."
      (add-hook 'gnus-part-display-hook 'article-treat-dumbquotes)
#+end_src

Do you want me to send you my .gnus privately?

Other ideas:

- which version of Gnus?  Gnus v5.13?

- which fonts for your Org code?  With colored *background*?

  Maybe have a try with my color-theme (see on Worg), or insert such lines
  into yours:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (let* ((inline-code '(:foreground "blue1" :background "#EAFFEA"))
         (block-code '(:foreground "blue1" :background "#FFFFEA")))

       ;; [...]

       (org-block ((t ,block-code)))
       (org-code ((t ,inline-code)))
       (org-column ((t ,column)))
       (org-document-info-keyword ((t (:foreground "#008ED1" :background
"#EAEAFF"))))
       (org-meta-line ((t (:foreground "#008ED1" :background "#EAEAFF"))))
       (org-special-keyword ((t (:foreground "#00BB00" :background "#EAFFEA"))))
       (org-table ((t (:foreground "blue1" :background "#EAFFEA"))))
       (org-verbatim ((t ,inline-code)))
#+end_src

Best regards,
  Seb