[Orgmode] Re: Testing --- again...

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Testing --- again...
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 20:57:20 -0600

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

> "Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> So, I've been using the framework in the combined-testing branch this
>> morning writing tests to strap down my daily Babel bug fixes, and I'm
>> really liking ERT.
>>
>> I wonder, can we commit to the combined-testing branch, and if so could
>> we fold it into the master branch?  It would make my test driven bug
>> fixing a much smoother process, and would remove the need to rebase the
>> combined-testing branch against master and "git push -f" the changes up
>> to repo.or.cz which just feels wrong.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> Hi Eric and Sebastian,
>
> There's no technical reason that you need to rebase the combined-testing
> branch -- there is nothing wrong with making small commits and merging
> master into it to fix any conflicts -- eventually when it gets merged
> back to master the history will stay intact.

Noted, I was just shying away from including too many commits in the
revision history.

> I personally only rebase local work that hasn't been published.  As
> soon as the combined-testing branch is useful and public I think it
> should no longer be rebased.

Ah, that's a good point.  Although this is all moot now as the testing
branch has now been merged into the master branch.

> I'm really looking forward to getting my hands dirty in this testing
> stuff for the clocking functions (since I seem to break those a lot :-P)

Great, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the test framework
develops as it gets more users.

Best -- Eric