[Orgmode] Re: Ditaa usage

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Ditaa usage
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 19:24:37 +0200

Juri Artamonov <address@hidden> writes:
> I would love to update but I have emacsW32 installed and don't know
> how to update orgmode inside of it.

In a nutshell, you don't.  You put the new version of org-mode into the
site-lisp directory where EMACS is installed and EMACS will use the new
version because it looks there first.  If you can't install into
site-lisp, you can put orgmode into some other place and prepend that
location to the load-path in your user startup file (.emacs in your
"Application and Settings" folder, IIRC).  Proper installation of
org-mode requires a working make and some other programs that you can
get with MSys (or Cygwin if you need a full POSIX environment).

Achim.