Re: [Orgmode] Re: Ditaa usage

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Ditaa usage
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 13:25:57 -0500

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Achim Gratz <address@hidden> wrote:
Juri Artamonov <address@hidden> writes:
> I would love to update but I have emacsW32 installed and don't know
> how to update orgmode inside of it.

In a nutshell, you don't.  You put the new version of org-mode into the
site-lisp directory where EMACS is installed and EMACS will use the new
version because it looks there first.

This is true. I use Linux but went through setup on Win XP so that I'd be able to help someone at work. My process:

- Grab org-mode 7.01 zip file: http://orgmode.org/org-7.01h.zip
- Put it in C:\Program Files\emacs23\org-7.01h (I installed emacs to C:\Program Files\emacs23
- put this in init.el: (add-to-list 'load-path' "~/org-7.01h/lisp/") and (add-to-list 'load-path' "~/org-7.01h/lisp/contrib/lisp/")

Works great. No need to even compile, though you can do that as well.

John

 If you can't install into
site-lisp, you can put orgmode into some other place and prepend that
location to the load-path in your user startup file (.emacs in your
"Application and Settings" folder, IIRC).  Proper installation of
org-mode requires a working make and some other programs that you can
get with MSys (or Cygwin if you need a full POSIX environment).

Achim.