Re: [Orgmode] Re: Agenda and weather forecast

From: Julien Danjou
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Agenda and weather forecast
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 11:05:03 +0200

On Fri, Sep 10 2010, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

> (icon is a sun, "domestic" is the name of the file I put the weather
> statement in). So the cedillas... Something's definitely off with
> encoding -- where do I start to look? My language environment is utf-8,
> I've got Chinese fonts, if that's the problem... What else?

That's probably my fault. I don't know well the Emacs API, and my
tempting to encode correctly the data fetched from the Web is probably
not bullet-proof. So it might be that.

The code is in `google-weather-retrieve-data':

      (decode-coding-region
       (point) (point-max)
       (detect-coding-region (point) (point-max) t))
      (set-buffer-multibyte t)
      (setq data (xml-parse-region (point) (point-max)))

This may not be the good way to do it. zh-cn pages seems to be in GB2312
encoding.

Any hint welcome.
--
Julien Danjou