Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Patch] New implementation of the Org remember process

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Patch] New implementation of the Org remember process ready for comments and testing
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:28:42 +0200

On Jun 23, 2010, at 12:29 PM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

Ulf Stegemann <address@hidden> writes:
Hi Carsten, Sebastian,

just tried the new capture mechanism and it works quiet fine. I like it
a lot. Thanks for the work :)

However ...

Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> wrote:

Here's the tested and working patch for org-protocol.el.

... it seems that with `org-protocol-capture' the place holders
`%:link', `%:description' and `%:initial' do not work anymore as they
are inserted literally. I must admit that I haven't looked at my
templates for a very long time and that those place holders may be
outdated, but with `org-protocol-remember' at least `%:description'
still works.

Ulf

Did those placeholders ever work through org-protocol?

How exactly where they meant to work?

I think they *should* work. You install them into the store-link property list,
and org-capture tries to pull them out.

But I might have made a mistake - will look later.

- Carsten

Did you convert your remember-templates before testing?
Or did you just copy/rename your `org-remeber-templates' variable to
`org-capture-templates'?

In the new variable `org-capture-templates', these placeholders are not
guarantied to work (at least not documented).

Use
  %c - this will be a link to the page in your browser
%i - this will be the selected text in your browser, if any. This is,
       what `%:initial' was I guess.
  %a - same as %c

Does that work for you?

Best wishes