[Orgmode] Debate about "One clock per user, but user is identified"

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Debate about "One clock per user, but user is identified"
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 09:41:12 +0200

Hi all,

In the clock theme, I'm opening another debate, reason of the subject change.

This is something I begin to really feel the need for. Let's explain.

I've already convinced 3 to 4 of my Emacs (mainly) colleagues to go for
Org-mode whenever writing any type of document (to be published via PDFLaTeX).
They do it more and more, and we begin working in the same documents, stored
under SVN.

We begin using CLOCK times under big sections, and that's where the problem
occurs: we have no way to distinguish between the times I've clocked there,
and the ones of my main colleague.

I don't ask for multiple clocks running simultaneously, but (as I currently
envision it -- reason for collecting *your* ideas) for an identifier
[something like `org-user-identifier'] to be added to the clock lines, so that
we can filter based on the user, when multiple people have clocked in the same
documents.

That'd be good as well for managing a team project: being able to clock
people's contribution to different tasks in one big document. Of course, some
tasks would be worked on by a couple of persons.

What do you think about all this?

Best regards,
  Seb

--