[Orgmode] Re: simultaneous clocks?

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: simultaneous clocks?
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 19:35:53 -0500

Bernt Hansen wrote:
Erik Iverson <address@hidden> writes:

Hello,

Is there any concept of being able to run multiple, simultaneous
clocks in org-mode.  For example, I want one clock to track my total
hours during the week at work, i.e., punch in and punch out.

No.  Org-mode clocking clocks a single task at a time.  You can't do two
things at once :)

Then, while that clock is running, I would use the normal clocking
functionality to keep track of time on specific projects.

I punch in to a default task which starts my clocking day.  Everytime I
clock out the default task is clocked in to keep every minute clocked
from the moment I punch in until I punch out.

That will do! That's all I really wanted, just wasn't aware of all the functionality. Thanks, I've found your org-mode.html descriptions very helpful.