Re: [Orgmode] Re: suggestions of Android smartphones

From: Daniel Martins
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: suggestions of Android smartphones
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:35:42 -0300

The device I was tantalized to buy was the

Motorola Quench

maybe mainly for Swipe feature

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWpqsDnXIOY  (at about 1:00)

or maybe for the price (in Brazil is about 500 USD while the Milestone
is about 780 USD. I know both are outrageous prices in American or
European terms!). BTW the Quench in Brazil DOES NOT seem to come with
the swype feature...

In fact, I doubt I could edit in Emacs or similar in a phone. I am
afraid of virtual keyboards and small physical keyboards as well :)
For someone over forties I tend to do not consider these typing
devices as toys or at least funny :)

For this reason I think that a nice interface such as MobileOrg with
agenda view would be the best.

ConnectBot seems to be an option as well (when you have connection, of course!)

Sven, you seem quite happy with a virtual keyboard. Am I right?

Daniel