Re: [Orgmode] Re: suggestions of Android smartphones

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: suggestions of Android smartphones
Date: 21 Apr 2010 00:08:10 +0200

Matthew Jones <address@hidden> writes:

>     ConnectBot seems to be an option as well (when you have connection, of
>     course!)
>
>     Sven, you seem quite happy with a virtual keyboard. Am I right?

I wouldn't write a book with it. But I wrote some paragraphs of articles
and do my Gnus stuff via ConnectBot. It's possible. But you have to
become used to the soft-keyboard. Anyway, as soon as I hear of a
blutooth qwerty keyboard working with Android, small and lightweight
enough (or foldable) to have it with me in my bag, I will be the first
to buy it.

ConnectBot is especially annoying when sitting in a train. Then, the
connection uses to break down every few minutes because of tunnels or
sometimes without any recognizable reason. And then working is no longer
possible. But that's the only situation when I really miss a genuine
Emacs port for Android. Thank god Emacs works with buffers, not files,
and that we have Emacs-daemon. Otherwise one would lose all the work,
when the connection breaks.

Greetings,

Sven