Re: [Orgmode] Basic orgmode tutorial

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Basic orgmode tutorial
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:56:53 -0400

Alexander Poslavsky <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
>
> On Mar 22, 2010, at 9:51 PM, John Hendy wrote:
>
>> I'll also take a look and see what I think. Just been using org-mode and
>> learning for about a week. Thanks for your efforts on this! While some have
>> pointed out that org-mode may never be for a 'beginner', I still think
>> allowing others to have the best chance possible to evaluate it and at least
>> give it a shot is great.
> <snip>
> thanks!
>
> attached is an updated version of the file, added agenda and some lines on
> gtd and exporting.

Hi Alex,

Please do put the tutorial on Worg (in the org-tutorials dir) for easy
updating and editing. One change I was going to suggest is to

  - *C-x f* -- means holding both Control /and/ x, then release Control
    and press f

as when I follow that literally I get

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxf

:)

Dan