Re: [Orgmode] Basic orgmode tutorial

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Basic orgmode tutorial
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:07:01 -0500

The idea of a tutorial is great, but has anyone considered a
pre-configured out-of-the-box Org customized Emacs distribution?

I've had to help several new users get things like basic agenda, emacs
initialization, and remember templates setup and it seemed very
repetitive.

The Emacs learning curve really holds back Org adoption in that sense,
they can't just open Emacs and use Org immediately as anything other
than an outline editor.

Perhaps just a script to enact default customizations, that the
tutorial could then build upon?

Thanks.