[Orgmode] Re: Basic orgmode tutorial

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Basic orgmode tutorial
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:37:09 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
Alexander Poslavsky <address@hidden> writes:

> attached is an updated version of the file, added agenda and some lines on
> gtd and exporting.

I just read it and you did a great job so far; I will have a closer look
later again, sadly I am very busy right now :(.

Just one suggestion: I think it would be nice to have a "Further
Reading" Subsection at the end of each Section, containing links to the
org manual pages, tutorials on this topic, FAQ Entries, screencasts,
whatever.

Tutorials are an excellent starting point, but they also great to look
up what you recently learned and are tinkering with. Lets say I read the
tutorial and tried the "Clocking". Then, suddenly, I realize I am not
sure how I can really integrate this feature into a workflow. First
thing I would do is return to my tutorial and reread the section.
If the limited information there [its a tutorial, it is by definition
limited], I would really appreciate a "Further Reading" Section, linking
e.g. to Bernt Hansens excellent infos on his clock usage, like:

* [[http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#Clocking][Bernt Hansens extensive
    description Time Clocking: Usage, Customization, Workflow
    description.]]
* [[http://orgmode.org/manual/Clocking-work-time.html#Clocking-work-time][The
    orgmode Clocking Section]]
* [[http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/index.php#sec-3.3][Clock
    related Links on Worg]]

etc.

OTOH, this seems a bit redundant, given the fact that there is already
org-tutorials on worg. It might be more convenient to only have a link
to the proper sections on worg ...

> Thanks for reading,

Thanks for writing!

Memnon Anon