Re: [Orgmode] LaTeX export > Avoid \newline command after timestampsX-Dr

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] LaTeX export > Avoid \newline command after timestampsX-Draft-From: ("nnimap+mc:INBOX.sncb")
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:45:36 +0100

Francesco Pizzolante wrote:
>The problem with the actual implementation is that it forces a newline in all
>cases (both if you have text in the heading or not) which does not respect the
>document class formatting that you've chosen.

Took me a while to realize the problem with current implementation: If
you already have a blank line between scheduled/deadline line and the
content the newline forces extra spacing between scheduled/deadline
and the following paragraph.

This cleary /is/ problem.  Maybe we should catch these two cases
(patch attached):

,----
| (unless (and (looking-at ".*\n[ \t]*\n") (looking-at ".*\\\\newline[ \t]*$"))
`----

Insert \newline only if there is no paragraph separator.  As far as I
can see the LaTeX code is already rendered when
`org-export-latex-keywords' is called so this should work out.

HTH
 -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6