Re: [Orgmode] Re: Footnotes in headings results in strange entries in th

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Footnotes in headings results in strange entries in the table of contens of the latex -> pdf export
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 07:31:23 +0100

Hi Gerald,

the LaTeX exporter does indeed have some problems with footnotes in headlines.

I have now fixed it so that the footnote will be preceded by \protect, which already makes things nicer. However, to use the format you propose (which is good LaTeX), Org would have to know which macros exactly work like that. For example, headlines from Org-mode sometimes get transformed into \item blocks, where an optional argument would have completely different effects.

A way out for you would be to add a function to `org-export-latex- final-hook' which would go through, find and fix the corresponding headlines.

If you make a good solutions, please share it - I might want to use it in Org after all.

- Carsten