[Orgmode] Unique IDs, not so unique

From: David A. Gershman
Subject: [Orgmode] Unique IDs, not so unique
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:27:33 -0800 (PST)

I posted a message earlier about a problem between Org mode and
MobileOrg.  I think the issue may just be the Unique IDs being generated
are not unique.  I found org-id-method is set to 'org'.  So why am I not
getting unique IDs?

I had asked about this before and I thought Carsten said something about
a possible timing issue??  BTW, I'm on windows with no uuidgen.  But my
files are used via thumbdrive on a Linux system as well.  So sticking
with 'org' is probably the better bet.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

David A. Gershman
address@hidden
http://dagertech.net/gershman/
"It's all about the path!" --d. gershman