[Orgmode] org-publish-validate-link

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: [Orgmode] org-publish-validate-link
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:50:57 -1000

Aloha all,

org-publish-validate-link rejects a valid link to a file when the file is created during an editing session.

With ./test.org and ./support/test.pdf present at the start of a session, the first link in test.org (below) is validated.  When ./support/test-copy.pdf is added during the session, the second link is not validated and only the description of the link is output to test.html.

----- test.org
* A test
  - link to [[file:support/test.pdf][test.pdf]]
  - link to [[file:support/test-copy.pdf][test-copy.pdf]]
-----

If org-publish-validate-link is not used, then the link is placed correctly in the html output.

I have read the org-mode manual, briefly searched the list archive, and read the function's documentation string, but didn't find anything that might alert me to this behavior.

My expectation was that org-publish-validate-link would understand the org-mode publishing process and would validate links in the production environment that were correctly established in the publication location.

I'm using Org-mode version 6.34trans (release_6.34c.89.g0c39) on emacs 23.

All the best,
Tom

Thomas S. Dye, Ph.D.

T. S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists, Inc.

Phone: (808) 529-0866 Fax: (808) 529-0884

http://www.tsdye.com