Re: [Orgmode] Speed commands (was: Release 6.33)

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Speed commands (was: Release 6.33)
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 17:09:36 +0000

At Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:57:09 +0100,
Carsten Dominik wrote:
> This is nice, but I guess you want to stay in fast-key space.
> So
>
>    ("," . (progn (org-cycle-agenda-files)
>                  (or (and (bolp) (org-on-heading-p))
>                      (outline-next-visible-heading 1))))

This is really nice and works like a charm... *except* in a very
extreme case: one of my agenda files is typically empty other than a
single top level heading.  When I cycle through the agenda files, when
I land in this file, I am typically placed at the end of the file
(emacs remembers my last location).  When this happens, speed keys are
no longer active and, before I know it, I have a number of ',' added
to the end of this file!

Actually, I guess this problem generalises so that it would appear
whenever the cycling takes you to a file where the current point is at
the end (or near the end) of the file so there is actually no "next"
heading?  Maybe the or statement above needs another clause (which I
unfortunately cannot suggest; sorry!).