Re: [Orgmode] Speed commands (was: Release 6.33)

From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Speed commands (was: Release 6.33)
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:35:46 +0100

Trying out speedkeys and liking them, I guess I'm going to have a
simple life using org from my phone from now on ;)

Carsten Dominik schrieb:
> In the speed map, yes, there is space, and you can add keys yourself.
> But I would recommend making these with confirmation query.
> (setq org-speed-commands-user
>       '(("A" . (let ((org-archive-default-command
>             'org-archive-to-archive-sibling))
>        (org-archive-subtree-default-with-confirmation)))))

> I am happy to have a discussion what additional
> commands should be present by default.

This is what i'm using:

(("y" . (progn
          (delete-other-windows)
          (recenter-top-bottom 0)))
 ("A" . (if (y-or-n-p "Archive this subtree or entry? ")
          (call-interactively org-archive-subtree)
          (error "Abort")))
  ("," . org-cycle-agenda-files))

There's no function org-archive-subtree-default-with-confirmation and
org-agenda-archive-subtree-with-confirmation complains that I'm not in
the agenda, so I've just adding my own y-or-n-p, since 'A' will
actually move trees to an archive file.

On my phone I get frequently annoyed when I can't see enough because
emacs splits the screen all the time, so a speed key to unsplit and
move the current item to the top of the screen is logical.

I'm not completely happy with 'y', since it makes me think 'yank' but
it's also slightly similar to 'l' and C-l is the default binding.

How about having an alternative keymap with vi-like moving keys? I
hardly ever use the C-b, C-f, C-n, C-p in my regular emacs work
(mostly cursor keys) and so I'm actually more comfortable with using
vi movement. (Because of playing nethack of course, hm, that's a nice
and large fireplace you have there! What's for dinner?)

Oh and the ',' is most obvious, I think.

(Hey, what's with the torches? Oh right, nightime barbecue, haha!)

Kind regards
     Friedel
--
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <address@hidden>