Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-indent-mode and visual-line-mode

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-indent-mode and visual-line-mode
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 08:03:25 -0500

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 08:28 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> personally, I never use visual-line-mode, mainly because cursor motion
> becomes unpredictable to me (down doe not get me into the next line,
> so for example keyboard macros are much harder to make to consistently).
>
> That said, I would expect that what you are describing should work,
> and my memory is also that it used to work - after all, I implemented
> not only line-prefix, but also wrap-prefix in org-indent-mode.  I am
> quite sure that this used to work.
>
> I am not sure how to proceed.  Someone would have to bisect Emacs to
> find which commit changed this behavior.   Or maybe at lease someone
> can try with a vanilla 23.1 Emacs? If it works there, we might have
> enough to file a bug report.

I just tried it on the ubuntu karmic emacs23 packages.  I get the same
behaviour i was seeing before.  In case my description is misleading, i
just made a couple of screenshots and posted them here:
http://www.derailleur.org/screenshots/
one shows some quick text when indent-mode is enabled, the other shows
it with indent-mode disabled.

anyway if you have any ideas how i might help that'd be great --
bisecting the code is probably beyond what i can easily do but i could
try to dig around a bit somehow.

thanks - i appreciate how much effort you put into this carsten! -

matt

--
Matt Price
address@hidden