Re: [Orgmode] Best way to implement Keywords feature

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Best way to implement Keywords feature
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 09:09:43 +0000 (GMT)

--- Gio 5/11/09, Alan E. Davis <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> In some cases, a single headword entry can
> relate to a large number of topics.  I have tried dealing
> with longer tag lists: automatic adjustment of tags column
> (on this list a little utility was posted:
> org-adjust-tags-column-reset-tags.  I THINK that a keyword
> list may allow more freedom to cross-index, especially if it
> is easy to use.

What about properties?

* computer
    * apple
:PROPERTIES:
:Keyword: Power PC
:END:
  * garden
    * apple
:PROPERTIES:
:Keyword: Golden Delicious
:END:

> Can someone suggest a way to implement a keywording system,
> perhaps with a custom agenda search?

Recently something was posted regarding
custom search and :PROPERTIES:.

However you can already search for keywords in Agenda,
please, refer the section of the manual:
"Keyword search"

> Or have others dealt
> with this issue in innovative ways?

I think that everything is already there ;-)

cheers
Giovanni