Re: [Orgmode] Re: Best way to implement Keywords feature

From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Best way to implement Keywords feature
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 11:26:48 -0300

At Mon, 09 Nov 2009 07:27:19 -0500,
Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:

> Paul Mead <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> writes:
> >

> >> It will if you use brackets to perform a regexp match. E.g.,
> >>
> >> Keyword={example1}
> >>
> >> (...assuming the property is "Keyword: example1 example2".)
> >>
> >> From the manual page above:
> >>
> >> ,----
> >> `----
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> Matt
> >
> > That's great, but what if I need to match *both* example1 and example2
> > in a search? I tried a few things but didn't find anything that
> > works.
> >
> > Ideally, I'd be able to specify several keywords in a search on the
> > fly.
> >
> > (I'm sorry if there's a regexp that matches multiple keywords that I
> > don't know - it's a skill which I find keeps presenting surprises!)
>
> Perhaps some regexp expert will come along and show us the way, but, for
> now, you could search for entries that contain both keywords by entering
> the following tags/properties search:
>
> Keyword={example1}+Keyword={example2}
>
> Best,
> Matt

I'd like to make a feature request on this. I like to include tags in
a task with the name of a person the task is related to in order to
find the task easily when the person wants to talk about it. I don't
need to see these tags in the agenda view. I only need them for
searching. This is the same problem discussed here and while
Keyword={someone}+Keyword={someone else} may work, it is not as
convenient as the usual tags.

One idea implementing "hidden tags" that should work exactly as the
normal tags for searching, but stored in a HIDDEN_TAGS property. To
indicate that there are hidden tags a short tag could be added
(similar to the ATTACH tag to indicate that there are attachments). If
the user types "T" in the agenda view the hidden tags should be showed
in addition to the regular ones.

The manual says that accessing TODO, LEVEL, and CATEGORY is
fast. Therefore, I understand that it is possible to access the
HIDDEN_TAGS fast it it intended to, right?

One example with such feature would be
,----
| * TODO Some task                               :HIDDEN:RegularTag:AnotherOne:
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   :HIDDEN_TAGS: :AHiddenTag:AnotherHiddenTag:
|   :END:
`----

Maybe we should use a smaller tag (even a single single letter with a
different face) instead of HIDDEN to indicate that there are hidden
tags.

At last, We need a way to tell org which tags should be hidden when
specifying org-tag-persistent-alist. If the user inputs a tag that is
not in org-tag-persistent-alist then maybe C-u C-c C-c could set it as
a hidden tag and "realign all tags in the current buffer" changed to
C-u C-u C-c C-c.

Would this be hard to implement?

- Darlan