[Orgmode] Re: Best way to implement Keywords feature

From: Renzo Been : - )
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Best way to implement Keywords feature
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:28:25 +0000 (UTC)

Alan E. Davis <lngndvs <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you Samuel
> Samuel Wales <samologist <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For your topic, I just add words.  Then I use m-x org-agenda s.
>
> This is pretty close to what I have in mind.  And I see there are several
> possible routes, a couple of which seem amenable to a custom agenda
> command.I think what I want to do is use a search for a Keyword marker
> (such as "KEYWORDS::") then do the secondary search for the specific
> keyword. Thank you for the suggestion.Alan

Hi Alan,

Another way to set-up keywords could be by using categories. It's a rather
old-fashioned way of using org-mode... But you don't need long lines of tags or
properties... See the example below.

-----

* Topic 1
#+CATEGORY: keyword1
<2009-11-06 Fri>
* Topic 2
#+CATEGORY: keyword3 keyword3
<2009-11-07 Sat>

-----

When opening an agenda view, the agenda will look like this. No searching
needed...

-----

Month-agenda (W45-W49):
Friday      6 November 2009