[Orgmode] Re: How to get \\ in title or author?

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: How to get \\ in title or author?
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 16:30:19 +0200

Hi Bastien,

Bastien wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> For sure, it'd be better if `\\' wasn't converted at all when exporting to
>> LaTeX (for the ones in the TITLE and AUTHOR meta-tags, at least).
>
> But how do you insert a backlash in the resulting div/ps/pdf then? My
> expectation was that converting \\ into \textbackslash was more common than
> inserting linebreaks in title (of which I didn't think in fact...)

As Tim told:

   "So, from the perspective of standard LaTeX classes, any instance of \\ in
    the \author{} command should not be converted during export."

I wanted to express that there are certainly more cases where you want the
backslashes in the AUTHOR and TITLE meta-tags to be passed as is, than
converted to their LaTeX equivalent.

But, your question makes sense: what if one really wants a backslash in the
author list or in the title...

Problem stays for the authors as it seems that \newline is not good for the
standard article class...

Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban